QuickBooks is arguably the most highly recommended and respected small business accounting software on the market today – and for good reason. It’s an easy-to-use system for organizing your company’s finances and handling a wide range of accounting tasks, from invoicing and credit card processing, to payroll and reporting.
But many fast-growing companies reach a point where QuickBooks is no longer the right solution to handle their financial needs. The features that made QuickBooks easy to use when the business was small can end up holding a company back from reaching the next level of growth.
How do you know if your business is ready to grow beyond QuickBooks?
- You have multiple new lines of business or new locations that need to be tracked and reported on effectively.
- You need to track and analyze more sophisticated data such as inventory, workflows, cash-flow consolidation, complex sales data, or real-time project accounting.
- You have a large number of transactions or a large amount of data, and you keep reaching the maximum QuickBooks file size.
- You have multiple team members inputting data to QuickBooks throughout the day, and only a limited number of people can work in QuickBooks at the same time.
- Your team is frustrated with QuickBooks, and they have begun to create their own work-arounds – such as pulling data from QuickBooks into a spreadsheet – to get the information they need or to complete required tasks.
If your company is experiencing any of these issues, it may be time to move from QuickBooks to a more sophisticated cloud-based financial management system, such as NetSuite. Give us a call and our team of experts will be happy to answer your questions, and provide a customized demonstration of how NetSuite can transform your business.